District Sales Manager
to join our team for the Delaware, Maryland and E. Pennsylvania territory.
The District Sales Manager is responsible for developing new relationships and fostering existing relationships within the construction, mineral and mining industry to sell machinery across all lines of Wirtgen equipment including WIRTGEN, HAMM, VÖGELE and KLEEMANN products.
The scope of this role:
- Understands the market scope of the assigned territory and the market share performance of each product segment. Develops and executes plans with their dealer network to achieve market share objectives and growth plans.
- Develops lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information obtained through relationships, business directories, industry publications, product/service advertisements, trade shows, various web sites, and other resources.
- Travels through assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to develop market opportunities for the road and mineral technology products.
- Leverage product and market knowledge by providing and arranging training for respective dealer personnel.
- Works closely with the dealer to ensure sufficient product inventory to satisfy cyclical demand.
- Manages Company promotional programs, financing programs, and product pricing within an assigned territory.
- Works with the dealer/customer to fully understand the need and recommends specific standard or modified machine best suited for dealer/customer's use.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to dealer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Enters product data and other associated sales data for current dealers and prospects into computer database.
- Communicates with internal Wirtgen America support team to provide on-time delivery and exceptional service after the sale.
- Follows the product order and communicates with the dealer for delivery, anticipates delivery issues and works diligently to resolve.
- Attends trade shows within the industry to learn about products, competition, and create new business relationships.
- Manage as liaison between manufacturer and dealer.
- Drive results via distribution system partners and/or direct end customers.
- Understands the business and potential for growth. Works to identify and align resources for increased sales and develop sales forecasts.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and develop effective relationships
- Oriented toward problem analysis and solution identification
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, as well as an experienced presenter
- Passion and priority for contributing toward success for the customer and the company.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite for communication and presentation requirements.
- Must possess experience in the Road Construction and/or Crushing/Screening industry.
- Candidate should reside in the territory; relocation assistance offered to the ideal candidate.
WIRTGEN AMERICA offers an excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and paid time off. This is an excellent opportunity to become a part of a growing, dynamic team focused on superior products, excellent service and continuous improvement.
Facts and figures
- Antioch, TN 37013, USA
- WIRTGEN AMERICA, Inc.
For consideration, please submit resume to email listed below: