to join our Hamm Product Support Team in Nashville, TN
Our Field Service Engineer is the primary solutions provider for equipment delivered to our dealer locations and customers. They provide support by performing troubleshooting diagnostics, repairs, as well as delivering effective product training, and providing technical support through the customer support help line.
The scope of this role:
- Provides technical training at our state-of-the-art training center in Nashville. Also delivers training on-site at Wirtgen dealer locations across North America.
- Travel to customer and dealer locations (average about 50% travel); must be able to travel internationally to Canada for customer support and to Germany for educational courses at the Wirtgen factories.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other team members to expedite repairs.
- Installs new or modified equipment at customers’ facilities to ensure full functionality according to specifications. Provides a communication link between the dealer and company to ensure effective service is provided.
- Reviews performance reports and documentation from customers and dealer representatives. Inspects product to determine nature and scope of problem and reports this to product support manager.
- Provides on-site technical assistance. Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Performs software updates and field campaigns on machines in field or at dealer location when needed.
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including team members, customers and dealers
- A responsive self-motivated professional who possesses strong interpersonal, technical and customer service skills.
- Must have good communication skills to troubleshoot customer and dealer machines over the phone and on the job site.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions. Responds promptly and efficiently to customer needs always striving to provide a high level of service.
- Contributes to maintaining positive team relations, able to build morale and follow through on commitments, goals and objectives.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; and/or two years of construction equipment related experience. Must have fundamental knowledge of road construction equipment practices including paving and compaction.
You are a vital part of our team the moment you join the WIRTGEN AMERICA. In addition to a great working environment, we offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) Savings Plan, an educational assistance program and much more.
WIRTGEN AMERICA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Facts and figures
- Antioch, TN 37013, USA
- Customer Support
- WIRTGEN AMERICA, Inc.
For consideration, please submit resume to email listed below: